Learn more about becoming a statistician by exploring the tabs below!
What we do is really pretty simple, and is designed that way on purpose. We encourage you to take a look around our website to really get an in-depth look at what we do, but in a nutshell, here it is: Blueprint Stats provides high school basketball teams with in-depth statistical analysis and video sharing for all of their league-sanctioned games for one low, flat rate. We have developed a spreadsheet tool that make our stats more accurate than any other provider at this level and also makes the statistician’s job of inputting data easy and efficient.
Some of our stats are “calculated fields” meaning the statistician does not directly record the stat, instead it is calculated based on other stats recorded.
- Minutes (MIN) – Rounded to nearest whole number
- Field goals made (FG)
- Field goals attempted (FGA)
- Field goal percentage (FG%)
- 2-point field goals made (2FG)
- 2-point field goals attempted (2FGA)
- 2-point field goal percentage (2FG%)
- 3-point field goals made (3FG)
- 3-point field goals attempted (3FGA)
- 3-point field goal percentage (3FG%)
- Free throws made (FT)
- Free throws attempted (FTA)
- Free throw percentage (FT%)
- Points (PTS)
- Defensive rebounds (DRB)
- Offensive rebounds (ORB)
- Total rebounds (REB)
- Assists (AST)
- Turnovers (TO)
- Assist-to-turnover ratio (AST:TO)
- Steals (STL)
- Blocks (BLK)
- Charges taken (CHR)
- Personal fouls (PF)
- Technical fouls (TF)
- Deflections (DEF)
- Player plus/minus (P/M)
Blueprint Stats holds high expectations for its statisticians because we believe that if we aren’t providing the most accurate stats in the game, we have failed our coaches and teams. Below is a list of expectations that we have for our statisticians once they are partnered with us:
- Data Security: We trust our statisticians with links to game film, and with the stats that they take. It is incredibly important to us that they respect this trust and do not share links or stat data with anyone other than Blueprint Stats management. Once this trust is lost, so is the statistician’s relationship with us.
- Statistical Quality: We want nothing but our statisticians’ very best work every time that they sit down to stat a game. This means that the stats that are turned back in to us must be as close to 100% accurate as they can possibly be, every time. To ensure that we are getting the quality that we expect, we often double check our statisticians work. We also give statisticians training and tools to do their jobs better.
- Punctuality: When a coach uploads their game film, the statistician responsible for that team will automatically receive an email alerting them that it is time to do the stats. From that time, statisticians will have 36 hours to watch the film and take the stats. We are strict about the 36 hour policy because our coaches should expect and demand punctuality from us.
- Communication: We understand that things come up unexpectedly sometimes. However, there is never an excuse for not communicating when they do. Statisticians will have access to our phone numbers and email addresses so that if for some reason they cannot complete their work, they can let us know before it becomes a problem. Communication and punctuality go hand in hand, and we believe that people who can give us both will succeed the most with Blueprint Stats.
Aside from the money, we believe that there are lots of great reasons to take stats for Blueprint Stats:
- We pay $10.50 for every game statisticians watch and take stats on. Once they get the hang of things, they can get through an average game in between 60 to 80 minutes.
- We assign each statistician one team and rarely ask them to do games for other teams. This allows them to get in a “groove” and get through games faster and more accurately because they get used to what each of the teams players look like, and the filming style that the team uses.
- Doing stats is a job that requires a lot of self-motivation and punctuality, which looks great on a resume! We love recommending our statisticians for full time jobs!
- If you are a fan of basketball, we are essentially paying you to watch it! Becoming a statistician with us is a very fun way to earn some extra cash from the comfort of your home.